JOHN ORR, CCIM
RETAIL SERVICES DIRECTOR
John is the Retail Services Director and manages the retail services platform in the Charleston office of Lee & Associates. He has successfully completed over 5 million square feet of retail transactions including leases, acquisitions, dispositions and build-to-suit development. He is a Carolina Retail Expert and specializes in the creation of value by executing Retail Commercial Real Estate Strategies for Property Owners, Tenants and Buyers throughout the Carolinas and North America for select clients. Additionally, John, as an expert, provides special asset management and disposition for the courts, financial institutions, individual developers and investors. He is passionate about retail because of the unique opportunity to create leverage and value for clients based on the confluence of geospatial characteristics and the retailer’s unique brand identity. He feels fulfilled and inspired to transact a space that truly integrates the property owner’s strategy and best retailer experience within the fabric of the community.
During his three-decade-long real estate career, he has managed all aspects and processes of the development cycle including: site selection, contract and lease negotiation, due diligence, entitlement, design, financing, construction, property and asset management and disposition. He draws from this broad range of experiences to enable himself to handle any situation on any deal. John is a resourceful problem-solver and prides himself on his ability to rally a team and successfully move a project through the commercial real estate process.
@JohnOrrCCIM is a pioneer in #CRE Social Media. His activity and engagement on the various social media platforms have led to national recognition and speaking engagements.
Follow John for insights and askany #CRESocial questions you may have. John earned his CCIM Designation over 20 years ago and is on a mission to create a smarter Commercial Real Estate Community. His South Carolina CCIM Chapter service includes a seat on the Board of Directors, election to the executive offices, and service as Chapter President for 2019. Additionally, John serves at the CCIM Institute level in various capacities and, most recently, on the Strategic Planning Committee and a Three Year Board of Directors Term.
• Georgia College and State University
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
• Certified Commercial Investment Member South Carolina Chapter President , 2018 (CCIM)
• International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
• Urban Land Institute (ULI)
• Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
• Charleston West Ashley Revitalization Commission (WARC)
• South Carolina CCIM Chapter President, 2019
• The ULI Carolina’s Trend Council, 2018
• ICSC Carolina’s Conference and Deal Making Committee, 2018
• DDR Deal of the Year Award, 2016
• Top Producers Award, Colliers | South Carolina, 2016
• Most Generated Referrals Award, Colliers | South Carolina, 2015
• Transaction of the Year Award, Colliers | South Carolina, 2013
• President’s Award, Colliers | South Carolina, 2011 • CoStar Power Broker Award, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013
He is involved in the Charleston community through leadership in the South Carolina CCIM chapter, serving as Treasurer. He is also a part-time professional frenetic banjo picker and participates in Bluegrass Festival in Charleston. He is also active in his church and a proud husband and father to his family.